So what does the term "liberty candidates" mean?
This is a general term but overall the vast amount of candidates listed believe:
1. The PFD belongs to you not the government based on the traditional formula.
2. They have issues with any binding caucus rules
3. They want government to live within it's means
4. They do not promote any taxing formulas
5. They believe that the legislature should meet in an area of the state which is
accessible to all Alaskans.
6. They believe that the legislature should be forced to follow all laws or change them.
7. They believe that all laws and appropriations should be Constitutional.
8. They do not believe in "pots of money set aside" outside legislative appropriation
9. They believe that if you run as a Republican you should caucus as a Republican
10. They demand a Constitutional spending cap which aligns with our incoming revenues which is population and inflation adjusted and has the authority to
use 1/2 of the Earnings Reserve as a means to identify a state budget
List of current Candidates ( to be added as time proceeds )
Senate Liberty Candidates:
Roger Holland challenging Senator Cathy Giessel District N
Harold Borbridge challenging Senator Josh Revak District M
Michael Sheldon challenging Senator Bert Stedman District R
Stephen Duplantis challenging Senator Natasha Von Imhof District L
Stephen Wright challenging Senator David Wilson District D
John Cox challenging Senator Gary Stevens District P
House Liberty Candidates:
Ross Bieling challenging Rep. Jennifer Johnston District 28
Ron Gillham challenging Rep. Gary Knopp District 30
Tom McKay challenging Rep. Chuck Kopp District 24
David Nelson challenging Rep. Gabrielle LeDoux District 15
Joe Wright challenging Rep. Kelly Merrick District 14
Kevin McCabe challenging Rep. Mark Neuman District 8
Representative Mike Prax District 3 ( currently unopposed )
Ed King challenging Democrat Rep. Andi Story District 34
Keith Kurber challenging Democrat Rep. Grier Hopkins District 4
Republican Mike Cronk running in an open seat District 6
Republican Leslie Becker challenging Dan Ortiz District 36
Republican Calvin Moto II challenging Donny Olsen District T
Paid for by Michael Chambers, and individual fighting for your rights under the 1st Amendment 201 Barrow St. Anchorage, AK 99501 907-268-1345